12 ways to collect testimonialsApr 14, 2023
One effective strategy to expand your business is to leverage testimonials.
Think about how much more confident you are in choosing a movie to watch when your friend recommends it. Similarly, when your satisfied clients share their positive experiences working with you, it can be a powerful endorsement for potential customers.
However, soliciting testimonials can be a hurdle for some individuals who are unsure of how to approach this task.
Here are a dozen ways you can try starting NOW:
1. Include a testimonial request in your email signature: You can add a short line in your email signature that asks clients to provide feedback on their experience. This is a subtle and easy way to remind them to leave a testimonial.
2. Follow up with a thank-you note: After a client completes your course, you can send them a thank-you note that includes a request for a testimonial. This is a great way to show your appreciation and remind them to leave their feedback.
3. Use a feedback tool: There are many online feedback tools, such as SurveyMonkey or Google Forms, that you can use to request testimonials from clients. These tools allow you to create custom surveys and forms that make it easy for clients to share their feedback.
4. Ask directly for a referral: When you ask clients for referrals, you can also ask them to provide a testimonial. This is a great way to get feedback from satisfied clients and attract new business at the same time.
5. Host a virtual testimonial party: Invite your clients to a virtual event where they can share their experiences with your business. You could use a video conferencing platform to host the party and encourage participants to share their thoughts in real time. Then you break up the video afterwards into individual testimonials.
6. Offer an incentive: Sometimes, clients need a little extra motivation to provide a testimonial. Consider offering a discount or free service in exchange for their feedback.
7. Provide a testimonial template: Some clients may not know where to start when it comes to writing a testimonial. You could provide them with a template that includes prompts and questions to help guide their feedback.
8. Email: This is a common and convenient way to request a testimonial from a client. You can write a personalized email that explains why you are asking for the testimonial and how it will benefit your business.
9. Phone call: If you have a good relationship with your clients, you could call them and ask if they would be willing to provide a testimonial. This is a more personal approach, and it allows you to answer any questions they might have.
10. Social media: If you have a social media presence, you could ask your clients to provide a testimonial in the comments or through a direct message. This is a quick and easy way for them to share their feedback, and it can help you build your online presence.
11. In-person: If you have a face-to-face relationship with your clients, you could ask them for a testimonial during a meeting or appointment. This is a great way to get immediate feedback, and you can use their comments to improve your services.
12. Case Studies: Another powerful way to collect testimonials is to create case studies that showcase how your product or service has helped your customers achieve their goals. Case studies typically include a detailed description of the customer's problem, how your product or service helped solve the problem, and the results the customer achieved. You can then ask the customer to provide a testimonial that you can use in the case study. Case studies can be posted on your website, shared on social media, and used in other marketing materials.
I hope this helps you!
Join my mailing list for more tips to grow your online business.
You don't have to struggle with positioning your brand online for success. Book your no pitch, no cost call and let's help you realize your goals.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.